||[Aug. 28th, 2006|01:43 am]
Paradise Reborn - A Silent Hill AU RPG
Character Application |
- GO HERE TO APPLY
- Canon characters from both the games and the film are both allowed and heartily encouraged. You may also apply for characters from the comics. Original characters are allowed, but will have to be carefully reviewed. Character from other fandoms are not allowed, except in VERY VERY VERY special cases (for example, if you come to us with a really good idea that's well thought out...but we don't want this turning into a panfandom RPG).
- When you apply for a character, please respect that this is an Alternate Universe RPG, and so many characters who died in canon may still be brought back to life. Also, respect the people who are playing characters who are closely tied in with the one you want. For example, if you're apping for Mary, the polite thing to do would be to take a look at the backstory for James and make sure you're not treading on anyone's toes.
- Don't go overboard with magic. Yes, we know a lot of the characters in SH can do fun things with magic, but if your character has powers, don't abuse them.
- And with that said...ABSOLUTELY NO GODMODS. If I’m not allowed to do it, no one is.
- You can app monsters, but you have to keep them as monsters. That means that if you want to play as an Insane Cancer, you should put "Likes eating human flesh, being obese and grunting", not "Likes listening to the Spice Girls, writing French poetry, and speaking in sentences." Pyramid Head is the exception to this rule. If you want to play PH, then you can make him a sentient being We suppose.
- You can have as much sex, violence and bad taste as you like, as long as you don’t upset other players with it. So if, for example, you wanted a storyline full of gratuitous S&M, that’s fine, just don’t force the issue around players who aren’t comfortable. Similarly, if you don’t like a plot that’s going on, then don’t read it. Silent Hill is violent and twisted, and if you have a problem with that, then go and join the My Little Pony RPG. The only thing that is banned, and we fucking mean this, is rape (except where it's canon in backstories, for example, Angela).
- When you apply for a character, you are playing AS THAT CHARACTER. You are not using that character to make your own bastardised wangsty goth Mary Sue monstrosity which you then feel the need to inflict on the rest of us poor souls. By all means take as many liberties as you like and be creative, but if you piss all over your character, then we WILL be on hand with a mop and bucket to clean up your urine.
- A maximum, I repeat and for Christ’s sake don’t blithely ignore me on this one, MAXIMUM of TWO characters per person. And don’t be a sneaky bastard and make an NPC then start playing them full time.
- You don't HAVE to create an IC journal for your character, although if you want to, then please feel free, as a lot of people find them useful and entertaining.
- Wait for your character to be approved before you start posting. Odds are, it will be approved, but we need to make sure things get off to a smooth start. Shak lives on the internet, and rarely washes (apparently not true, because she “has a bath once a week whether I need it or not”), so within a day or two (who the fuck is she kidding, it’ll probably be within an hour or two), you’ll get a nice little message saying go forth and cause destruction. Waaaay. Etc. If we ask you to change something, we will explain the reasons, and you are welcome to contest the point, but generally, in the unlikely event that you don't get accepted straight away, then it's not because we're bastards, it'll be for a good reason. If we don't think you belong here, we won't bother asking you to change things, we'll just explain nicely that we don't think this is the place for you.
Code of Conduct
- No bullying. Unless you're a complete twat, in which case, you're fair game.
- If someone is a cock to you in character, it doesn’t mean they hate you out of character. Learn to distinguish between fantasy and reality, even though most of you, including us, blatantly can’t. But also, if you’re using your character to obviously have a go at someone, we will tear you a new one.
- It sounds obvious, but if you are playing in character, then play in character. For example, you are playing as Bungo McSquiffy, a cowardly young individual who is allergic to cheese. Halfway through the game you start playing him as a cheese-munching Rambo. No. Not on. If you get bored with your character, that’s fine. Kill them off and app a new one instead.
- NO SPAMMING. No…fucking…spamming. If you spam, I will kill you. I will actually kill you. I fucking hate spammers. This means no posting every five seconds and not giving anyone else a chance to post, no plugging your fanfiction every five seconds anywhere you can squeeze it in, no derailing every single OOC thread you can get your hands on (going off topic is fine, these things happen, conversation progresses naturally, but commandeering a thread just to turn it into an in joke and exclude the other members is not on. Save that stuff for IM, or for a separate thread).
- Stay in character in the IC community, stay out of character in the OOC community. If you want to make an out of character point while in the RPG section of the board, denote it with “OOC:” beforehand. This makes it easier for everyone to read.
- Respect that every member on the board is equal. Don’t boss your fellow board members around. It doesn’t matter whether you’ve been here since day one, or you’ve just joined, everyone has equal footing and status here. Not that we’re communists, we hate communists, but you know what I mean.
- Having a square go with the admin is encouraged. Don’t be scared of us. We have good reasons for everything we do, and any decisions we make are for the good of the board as a whole, and not because we’re power-tripping. But if you disagree with any of our decisions, then let us know and we will explain ourselves. We are not on a powertrip here, and we are not easily offended. Conversely, however, play with fire, and you will get burned. Any threats or tantrums aimed in our, or any other member’s direction will result in us laughing at you derisively then…ZOMG BANNZ0RD!!!1111ONEONE.
- No controlling someone else’s character without their permission. For real, this is a serious point. It’s bastard annoying, it shows real bad manners, and you just don’t do it. Ever. Not even a tiny, tiny bit.
- Your IN CHARACTER posts should be at least a paragraph. Don’t post one liners (they will be deleted on sight), or post in script format. We’re not saying you have to be the most eloquent or best writer ever to play here, but you do have to make an effort. Similarly, use your discretion and don’t waffle either. Basically, just, when you post, look back and think, “if I wasn’t me, would I want to read this?” and if so, check that you’ve given the next player something to work with. Just, be nice to your fellow players.
- You don’t have to spellcheck everything, or have perfect grammar, but try to make your posts coherent.
- Give people a chance to reply. If there is a scenario going on with five characters, and two of you happen to be online, it’s really not very nice to bat back and forward to the point where the story moves on and leaves the other three completely out of the loop. Conversely, if you’re going to be a shit and not post for a month at a time, don’t have a strop if a plot moves on without you. Admin included.
- Prefereably keep your writing in third person, past tense. We won't come down on your like a ton of bricks if you don't, but we'd prefer it if everyone was on the same wavelength.
- Have fun and play nice.